Good news — the Parent Mentor Program is growing! Please see the RFP for the Illinois Statewide Parent Mentor Initiative FY18. (Watch this video to learn more about the Parent Mentor Program.)
This RFP is for community organizations seeking to apply as a Start-Up Partner. The anticipated grant award for start-up partners is $34,000, pending state approval.
A Start-up Partner is a Community Organization that has experience working with schools, but is not running a Parent Mentor Program currently. Start-up Partners would hire a Community Organizer to begin work in January in order to launch their programs in 2 schools for the Spring Semester 2018. The expectation is that a Start-up Partner will employ at least one half-time Community Organizer, to work in at least two Local Schools, supervising at least two Parent Mentor Coordinators (one per school), and at least 16 total Parent Mentors. The Community Organizer may begin on January 1, with the Parent Mentor Coordinators and Parent Mentors ready to begin shortly after. PEI will hold weeklong trainings for Community Organizers and Parent Mentor Coordinators in January and expect full participation, even if that staff person has not yet started in full.
– Wednesday, Dec 6th 9:30-11:0am at LSNA, 2840 N. Milwaukee Ave: Mandatory Bidders Conference
– Friday, Dec 8 at 5pm: Letter of Intent Deadline
– Friday, Dec 15 at 5pm: Application Deadline
– Wednesday, Dec 20: Notice of Grant Award Sent Out
– TBD: Budget Finalized and Contract Signed (contingent on finalized contract)
– January 1st: Operations Begin
Many more details can be found here: FY18 Parent Mentor Start-Up Partner RFP 11.20.2017